Young minds are the most influential ones. They’re observant and open to all kinds of perspectives. So keeping this in mind here are Five innovative ways to inculcate values in young children:
1) Show Inspiring Movies and Pictures : Audio and Visual media has largely proven effective for young children. It is an important tool to convey key information in a form where children can be inspired through just a small video clip of 30 seconds or by a picture which portrays the stories of people doing inspiring work for others in the society.
2) Planning : Children can prepare a Committee which can specifically prepare activities like skits, charts, etc which are value- based. This will help the child to indulge in various thought processes, increasing their reasoning skills.
3) Giving Opportunity for Seva (Service) : Value-Inculcation is only possible if the child is given the opportunity to perform those planned value-based activities. For eg: Children can prepare gratitude cards for shopkeepers, vegetable vendors and organize service week in which the children can take a moment and create further memorable moments for some other people who are the same part of the society as they are.
4) Self-Reflection : In order to create a real impact on child’s mind, self-reflection is the only path by which the students can realize the change in themselves over a specific period of time. For eg: The child can form a Value Graph Chart where they can write down the level of value which they have in them before they start the process of Value-Inculcation and later after a period of three months the child can share the difference in the level of a particular value.
5) Observation: The best way to learn the nuances about new things is to observe them. If the child observes the various activities happening around him/her that are value-based it will let him/her to explore and experience.
Therefore, Inculcation of Life-Values can only be possible if you let the child learn, explore and experience by himself/herself. By creating a surface where the child can reflect into his/her understanding of those Life-Values.