Children at Touching Lives get an opportunity to connect with nature, regularly. When they connect miracles unfolds. Here are some testimonials of the children with success stories, which will blow your mind away.
“I observed an ant and learnt that how an ant found its way even though there were many stones / boulders in front of it. It always found new directions and ways, always!In the same way, we should never feel sad and upset when we have problems but we should find new ways and overcome them and move ahead in life.” – Raj Ragpasre, 15 years.
“Didi, I learnt what is there inside a flower, their colours and shapes are so different and so beautiful!This was the first time I walked on wet grass and just felt as if I was walking on water and just loved the feeling!” – Dipsy Soni, 14 years.
“The Hibiscus flower has a one day life but yet keeps smiling all day long, I learnt from them to always smile, whatever be the situation” –
Neelam Tevar, 15 years.
SUCCESS STORIES OF CHILDREN AFTER THEY CONNECTED WITH NATURE.
- 4 students (Raj, Vishwajeet, Shreya and Vinita) just after the class, on their way home, removed all posters and huge nails, metal board from the trees. This group starts their Sunday by going to nearby areas and removing nails and posters from trees. They also collected a big bag of all plastics on the way and their area and brought them to the centre the very next day. Inspired by them, many students in the centre and also in their respective schools have collected plastics.
- Shree, Vishwajeet and Vinita, Sumeet group , and many others have saved and rescued street cats and dogs by calling the helpline numbers given above.
- Vishwajeet inspired many rikshaw fellows to save water by using wet cloth to clean their rikshaws instead of pouring gallons of water.
- Niyati, 8 year old, complained to her school teacher of a leaking tap in girls washroom and got it repaired immediately.
- Vinita stitched a cloth bag without being told, within an hour , the very same day after the session and brought it to the centre. She also gifted the mentor a huge cloth bag that was hand stitched by her which is used to take the collected plastics from the centre for recycling.
- We conduct the plastic drive all year round and collect all plastic from students that is sent for recycling.
- Shreya, 8 year old, each day on her way she removes various posters from trees and says she cant live without removing these posters each day.
- Rinky, 9 years old, and Poonam, ordered an eco-friendly ganpathi after our short talk on how the environment is harmed because of using POP Ganpathi idols.
- Tejas and Rupesh, made eco friendly Ganpathi by mud after the talk with them.
- Raj, 15 years old, spoke to restaurant person and got out all the vegetable waste of one big bag for our compost session.
- Each week 1-2 huge gunny bags of plastics gets collected for recycling which is all collected by our students.
After listening to their stories and seeing their dedication I feel so sure of the future of the earth. I know that these children will bring about the transformation which is needed. A transformation which will make this earth a great place to live in, not just for now but for generations to come.