Five innovative activities that you can do in a Pre-School class…
A Pre-School class is the place where a child gets various opportunities that will help the child to know oneself better. It thus becomes important for a Pre-School teacher to bring innovation and uniqueness in her activities. Here are the list of activities you can do if you are a Pre-School Teacher.
1) Cooking:For every month mentors can decide on a color.
For Eg: The Color for November could be red, for December it could be white, based on this the mentors can create an activity like cooking a simple dish with a vegetable that is same as the particular color of the month like in November class can cook tomato soup keeping the color of the month ‘Red’ in mind. Cooking a dish like for Eg: Mayo toast sandwich or vegetable salad is really healthy and reasonable as there are minimal expenses which is incurred.
2) Learning Workstation: After the completion of the listed activities for the month the mentors can Recap those activities by using four corners for four different activities that the children were taught during the month. The Mentors can give instructions regarding the activities that are taking place the four different corners. Later, children would be learning themselves without mentor’s help. Each child gets a chance to do all the activities in rotation. Helping yourself and facing different tasks gives you a chance to grow inside and outside you.
3) Curriculum Integration Activity: Each mentor can initiate the month by deciding a theme and teach all the subjects by integrating that them with the subject topic. For eg: If the theme of the month is Animals than the mentor can teach history by integrating a history of any animal, say like a Dinosaur.
4) Hand-Coordination Activity: When our senses and body parts work together in co-ordination, it helps the brain to function more effectively. Mentors can therefore, keeping this sense (eyes) and body part (hands , legs) in the mind create activities like braiding, coloring and Zumba dance.
5) Spiritual Integration: We all know how important it is to give the touch of love, affection and security to children. Pre-school mentors can use Spiritual Integration where they can make a pair of children in which one participant will be a parent and another participant a child. With soft music playing in background the parent can caress the child, speak positive things in the child’s ears for ten minutes. Later, the participants can switch their roles.
Thus, as a Pre-School teacher, you need to understand that every child and every soul is different. It is thus very important that a Pre-School teacher plans his/her activities in a way that it can tap into the full potential of all the children in the classroom. It is thus very vital for every teacher to make sure that all her children feel inclusive and safe in the protected environment of the class. Also it is necessary to create an environment within the class where learning becomes not only a means to gain knowledge of things outside but also a means to know oneself from inside.